Systems Radio EngineerNycomm Jobs
We're looking for an experienced Systems Radio Engineer to join us. This role is based from our office in Avonmouth, Bristol and is a hybrid of working in the office / out in the field on installations and maintenance for our customers.
- Job Title
- Radio Systems Engineer
- Avonmouth (Bristol, United Kingdom)
- Company Division
- Radio Engineer, Systems engineer, two way radio, wifi, engineer, working at height
- Competitive plus car allowance and company benefits
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Fri, 25 Oct 2019
Based at our south west region office you will be responsible for the maintenance, installation, commissioning and project management of system level products from within the current company portfolio, including: PMR, DMR, Radio Telemetry and Microwave infrastructure.
- Design, installation, set-up and commission of two-way radio systems.
- Diagnosis and repair of a range of radio equipment, from hand portables to installed base stations and microwave systems.
- Carry out full diagnostic test of radio equipment by utilising a range of bench and portable test equipment.
- Liaise with customers in respect of maintenance issues.
- Assist with pre-sales support including specification, documentation, presentations.
- Provide internal training support.
- Ensure effective response to system faults within contractual time-scales.
- Provide technical support to the Regional Manager.
- Maintain standards of technical excellence within the department.
- Maximise efficiency within the department.
- Ensure a full understanding of products and services are cascaded through the organisation.
- Contribute to bid support and evaluation.
- Post-Sales support, including training.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the management of the company.
Key skills and attributes:
- Ensure a right first-time approach is mandated in the department.
- Promote the Quality of Service and support offered by the company.
- Participation on the standby rota.
- Willingness or suitability to be security vetted.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and returned in a timely manner.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Uphold company rules and regulations.
- Provide customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Actively seek and exploit earning opportunities for the company.
- Understand and promote the commercial imperative of the work undertaken for the price charged.
Qualifications and / or experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience of the two-way radio communications industry.
- Knowledge, experience & understanding of IP based technologies including VoIP.
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Able to work under own initiative to deadlines.
- Able to work away from home.
- Competent to produce H&S documentation.
- HNC Electrical/Electronics or equivalent experience
- Willing to undergo security assessment/vetting
- Full UK driving licence.
- Confined space trained.
- Advanced climber trained.
- CSCS trained holding a current card.
- Current Working at height and/or Critical Safety Worker certificate.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.