Support EngineerNycomm Jobs
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Engineer to join our Yealink department.
- £23,000 to £25,000 per annum
- Head Office, Manchester
- Yealink (company: Nycomm)
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Mon, 28 Feb 2022
Job Title: Support Engineer
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum
Benefits: Hybrid Working | Pension | Medical Cash Plan | Life Assurance | Discounted Gym Membership and more
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Engineer to join our Yealink department. As a Support Engineer, you will work as part of a small team, and you will be responsible for providing pre and post sales technical/demonstration support to partners and, in some cases, end-users.
- Provide 2nd line technical support to our key partners and 1st line support with end-user customers.
- Diagnose product faults and escalate issues to the development team(s), providing as much information as possible by way of traces, system logs and config files.
- Flash handsets from SIP to MS and vice versa.
- Add devices to a dedicated portal manually (post-order).
- Set up resellers as Compendium customers in the order management system – including collecting and recording URLS etc.
- Provide training and first-line support for resellers on Compendium queries – including any queries that come from internal account managers.
- Receive email alerts from the order management system for successful, unsuccessful & outstanding provisioning requests.
- Liaise with Swoop Data and internal IT for platform queries, upgrades and changes to order management system API.
- Provide support to Partners and to the other members of the team when required which could include but not be limited to: pre-sales support, product demonstration and site visits.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the Management of the Company.
Qualifications / Relevant Experience
- Communications background.
- Knowledge of the SIP protocol is essential.
- Ability to diagnose faults by simulating scenarios and using test equipment.
- Ability to carry out upgrades to systems as and when required.
- Have a level of knowledge of IP end point devices, not specifically Yealink.
- Valid clean driving license.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to communicate resolutions to all levels of users, regardless of their technical knowledge.
- IT Literate with basic networking skills.
- Reliable, responsible, and well organised.
- Ability to master new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Good interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for you?
- A great team to work collaboratively with.
- Excellent training in our products, services and industry, with a focus on self-development.
- We’ll support your career goals and help you achieve your true potential.
- Lots of company benefits, rewards, recognition and more.
If you want to join a growing, successful and stable business that can offer an exciting career, click apply now to submit your application and we’ll be in touch.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.
We will be moving to interview and selection quickly so please don’t wait until the deadline to get your application in!