Senior Radio Systems EngineerNycomm Jobs
We're looking for an experienced Senior Radio Systems Engineer to join our team in Bury, Greater Manchester. This is a hybrid role between the office in Bury and out in the field, leading installations, commissioning and maintenance. It's vital that you have commercial experience with two-way radio engineering, in private mobile radio and digital mobile radio systems with Motorola and Hytera.
- Job Title
- Senior Radio Systems Engineer
- Bury (Manchester, United Kingdom)
- Company Division
- Radio engineer, Engineer, radio, wifi, two way radio, telecommunications, commissioning, systems engineer, systems engineering, Motorola, Hytera
- Up to £34-40,000 pending experience plus £5,400 car allowance, standby, overtime & company benefits
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Fri, 13 Mar 2020
Based at the Avoira Bury office, as a Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the maintenance, installation, commissioning and project management of system level products from within the current company portfolio, including: PMR, DMR, Radio and Microwave infrastructure.
- Design, installation, set-up and commission of two-way radio systems.
- Take a leading role in the project management in the delivery of complex radio systems.
- Diagnosis and repair of a range of radio equipment, from hand portables to installed base stations and microwave systems.
- Carry out full diagnostic test of radio equipment by utilising a range of bench and portable test equipment.
- Liaise with customers in respect of maintenance issues.
- Assist with pre-sales support including specification, documentation, presentations.
- Ensure effective response to system faults within contractual time-scales.
- Provide technical support to the Technical Service Manager.
- Maintain standards of technical excellence within the department.
- Maximise efficiency within the department.
- Ensure a full understanding of products and services are cascaded through the organisation.
- Contribute to bid support and evaluation.
- Post-Sales support, including training.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate.
Key skills and attributes:
- Ensure a right first-time approach is mandated in the department.
- Promote the Quality of Service and support offered by the company.
- Participation on the standby rota.
- Willingness or suitability to be security vetted.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and returned in a timely manner.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Uphold company rules and regulations.
- Provide customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Actively seek and exploit earning opportunities for the company.
- Understand and promote the commercial imperative of the work undertaken for the price charged.
Qualifications and experience required:
- At least 8 years’ experience of the two-way radio communications & RF industry.
- Knowledge, experience & understanding of IP based technologies including VoIP.
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Able to work under own initiative to deadlines.
- Able to work away from home.
- Competent to produce H&S documentation.
- HNC Electrical/Electronics or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Project Management Experience
- Advanced climber trained.
- CSCS trained holding a current card.
- Current Working at height and/or Critical Safety Worker certificate.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.