Radio EngineerNycomm Jobs
Based at our Bury office you will be responsible for the maintenance, installation, commissioning of system level products from within the current company portfolio, including: PMR, DMR and Radio infrastructure.
- Installation, set-up and commission of two-way radio systems.
- Diagnosis and repair of a range of radio equipment, from hand portables to installed base stations.
- Carry out full diagnostic test of radio equipment by utilising a range of bench and portable test equipment.
- Liaise with customers in respect of maintenance issues.
- Provide internal training support.
- Ensure effective response to system faults within contractual time-scales.
- Provide technical support to the Radio Workshop Manager.
- Maintain standards of technical excellence within the department.
- Maximise efficiency within the department.
- Ensure a full understanding of products and services.
- Contribute to bid support and evaluation.
- Post-Sales support, including training.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities considered appropriate by the management of the company.
Key skills and attributes:
- Ensure a right first-time approach is mandated in the department.
- Promote the Quality of Service and support offered by the company.
- Participation on the standby rota.
- Willingness or suitability to be security vetted.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and returned in a timely manner.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Uphold company rules and regulations.
- Provide customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Actively seek and exploit earning opportunities for the company.
- Understand and promote the commercial imperative of the work undertaken for the price charged.
Qualifications and / or experience required:
- At least 3 years’ experience of the two-way radio communications industry.
- Knowledge, experience & understanding of IP based technologies.
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Able to work under own initiative to deadlines.
- Able to work away from home.
- Competent to produce H&S documentation.
- Full UK driving licence.
- HNC Electrical/Electronics or equivalent.
- CSCS trained holding a current card.
- Current Working at height and/or Critical Safety Worker certificate.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.