Logistics AdministratorNycomm Jobs
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Logistics Administrator.
- Job Title
- Logistics Administrator
- Head Office (Manchester, UK)
- Company Division
- Warehouse operations, Export procedures, Customer service
- up to £25,000, depending on experience
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021
Job Title: Logistics Administrator
Department: Logistics Admin Department
Company Division: Nimans
Salary: Up to £25,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Pension | Medical Cash Plan | Life Assurance | Discounted Gym Membership and more
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Logistics Administrator to join our Logistics Admin Department. As a Logistics Administrator, you will be responsible for providing a high level of service and professionalism to our customers, both internally and externally, working as part of a structured and close-knit team.
- Provide prompt resolutions for customers’ delivery problems
- Awareness of any special customer care requirements, such as priority tracking, and act accordingly
- Work closely with courier account agents to ensure the excellent relationship already established is maintained, and to work together to eradicate any problem areas, keeping all parties informed of shipment status
- Assess overnight problems and advise relevant staff
- Provide various daily reports extracted from internal and external computer systems
- Provide weekly delivery efficiency reports obtained from courier’s websites, and transfer to Excel
- Review courier performance and follow up all corrective measures
- Keep up to date with ever changing legislations on International Shipments and the paperwork required when shipping outside the UK
- Liaise with external agencies, such as HM Customs and Chamber of Commerce Prepare all relevant documentation required by HM Customs, EU, UK and destination country regulations
- Provide shipping quotations, calculate duties and taxes as applicable
- Enter data to prepare consignments for shipment
- Book and process shipments and collections
- Prepare shipments for despatch by the most economical means possible, taking into consideration the specific requirements of the customer and the Country
- Attend any relevant internal or external meetings
- Approval of couriers’ invoices, ensuring there are no charge discrepancies
- Manage the courier lost parcel claims process
- Approve Credit carriage requests
- Identify staff training needs, and ensure that appropriate training is given, in order to develop members of staff in the skills necessary to perform their duties efficiently
- Log and resolve customer complaints
- Any other duties as necessary to the role.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- An understanding of warehouse operations and end of day procedures
- Proactive, firm and assertive
- Ability to prioritise
- Excellent telephone manner
- Effective communication with other departments within the Company
- Management of customer relationships
- The ability to get goods delivered with as little fuss as possible, ensuring customers are not aware there has been a problem
- Good knowledge of export procedures, including a basic understanding of Brexit rules
- General Microsoft skills (familiarity with Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Ability to communicate with staff and customers at all levels
- A good understanding of courier portals.
Qualifications / Relevant Experience
- Experience and qualification in customer service, preferably NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of export processes/procedures.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
What’s in it for you?
- A great team to work collaboratively with
- Excellent training in our products, services and industry, with a focus on self-development
- We’ll support your career goals and help you achieve your true potential
- Lots of company benefits, rewards, recognition and more.
If you want to join a growing, successful and stable business that can offer an exciting career, click apply now to submit your application and we’ll be in touch.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.
We will be moving to interview and selection quickly so please don’t wait until the deadline to get your application in!