IT Support EngineerNycomm Jobs
We have a great opportunity for an IT Support Engineer!
- Job Title
- IT Support Engineer
- Westlakes (Westlakes Science Park, Cumbria CA24, the UK)
- Avoira IT Services
- Company Division
- IT support, Managed IT Services
- £24,000- £28,000
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Mon, 01 Feb 2021
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Department: IT Services
Location: Westlakes Science Park, Cumbria CA24
Salary: £24,000- £28,000
Benefits: Medical Cash Plan, Pension, Life Assurance, Discounted Gym Membership and more
IT Support Engineer required for expanding Managed IT Services Company with the role based in our Westlakes office. This is a great opportunity to develop your IT support experience. This role offers excellent scope for career development with an active commitment to training. The role will include supporting our primary customer based at our Westlakes office along with many companies from all sectors and working on internal IT services & Projects.
Client site IT Support floor walking on a rota will be required.
The candidate will be put through P4 & SC security checks.
- Provide technical support in person, over the telephone and via remote support software in relation to desktop and software issues, ensuring users receive a prompt and responsive service whilst making sure all stakeholders are kept fully up to date with their tickets
- Ensure Service Desk tickets are dealt with in line with the relevant SLAs and KPIs
- Delivering support and technical expertise to end users face to face
- Investigate problems, according to impact, through to resolution or error identification
- Assist Project Manager on key projects
- Take ownership of situations when there are no Yellowbus managers or Senior Engineers.
You will have the following skills/experience:
- Suitable experience in an IT Service Desk environment
- Excellent communication skills via face to face, telephone and email
- Commercial awareness
- Thin client / hosted desktop
- Microsoft Desktop & Server operating systems and applications (MS Windows 10, MS Office, MS Office 365 & MS Server Operating Systems)
- Networking – VPNs, VLANs, LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, Fundamentals (e.g. TCP, IP)
- Firewall and WAN technologies
- Router setup
- VOIP systems
- Security focused whilst being aware of vulnerabilities and threats apparent
- Have the ability to converse with non-technical people without technical jargon and able to build and maintain good relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Active Directory
- AV and Desktop encryption software
- A full UK driving license
- Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem-solving ability
- Experience of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage.
You will enjoy this role if you:
- Remain calm under pressure and be a tenacious problem solver
- Understand when issues should be escalated
- Are eager to learn with an ability to self-teach in areas of uncertainty
- Possess a strong customer service ethos with a hunger to develop and improve your experience
- Possess good diagnostic skills
- Are willing to undergo security checks.
Experience: 3 years preferred
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and right to work checks.
A requirement for the role will be the need to go through advanced security checks.
We will be moving to interview and selection quickly so please don’t wait until the deadline to get your application in!