IT Infrastructure EngineerNycomm Jobs
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Engineer.
- Job Title
- IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Westlakes (Cumbria, UK)
- Avoira IT Services
- Company Division
- Troubleshooting, Infrastructure, Server Support
- £31,000 to £35,000, depending on experience
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Westlakes Office, Cumbria
Company Division: Avoira
Salary: £31,000 to £35,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Pension | Medical Cash Plan | Life Assurance | Discounted Gym Membership and more
We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT Team. As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting customer and internal IT systems, and providing technical support to our customers.
- Support and offer improvement on customer’s Windows server, Office 365 & network infrastructure
- Monitor Infrastructure systems using a range of tools and reacting to problems
- Support and offer improvement on our internal Windows server estate and datacentre infrastructure running a hypervisor setup (KVM based)
- Provide technical support in person, over the telephone and via remote support software in relation to desktop and software issues
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support in person, over the telephone and via remote support software to support the IT Support engineers
- Ensure Service Desk tickets are dealt with in line with the relevant SLAs and KPIs
- Deliver face to face support and technical expertise to end users
- Investigate problems, according to impact, through to resolution or error identification
- Assist Project Manager / Network Manager on key projects
- Lead projects when required
- Become part of an onsite rota at a customer site.
- Support the Avoira brand to become more established in the marketplace
- Exceed customer expectations
- Understand and articulate Avoira’s approach to IT Support.
Skills & Experience:
- Have a solid foundation in Microsoft Server and Desktop technologies
- Have a solid foundation in Networking and Network principles
- Have a good understanding of VLANs and trunks
- Have a good understanding of Routers / Firewalls – Draytek, CISCO, Sophos
- Microsoft Desktop & Server operating systems and applications (MS Windows 10, MS Office, MS Office 365 & MS Server Operating Systems)
- Have good all-round troubleshooting, fault finding and problem-solving capabilities
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an infrastructure, network, or server support role
- Experience of leading projects
- Good knowledge of Server Operating systems, DHCP setup, DNS Setup
- Have a good understanding of Hyper-V or VMWare
- Have a good understanding of Hypervisors / Remote Desktop / App platforms.
- Hold CCNA certification or be at a standard to undertake the qualification (or equivalent)
- Have a good understanding of L3 routing protocols, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Have a good understanding of telecoms systems
- Experience with CISCO and HP switches
- Have an understanding / have used Solarwinds Orion NPM
- Experience of Microsoft Azure.
- MCP in Microsoft or Network + from CompTIA or equivalent
- Full UK Driving License.
What’s in it for you?
- A great team to work collaboratively with
- Excellent training in our products, services and industry, with a focus on self-development
- We’ll support your career goals and help you achieve your true potential
- Lots of company benefits, rewards, recognition and more.
If you want to join a growing, successful and stable business that can offer an exciting career, click apply now to submit your application and we’ll be in touch.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.
We will be moving to interview and selection quickly so please don’t wait until the deadline to get your application in!