ICT EngineerNycomm Jobs
We're looking for an experienced ICT Engineer to join us. We offer high level design, installation and maintenance of solutions based Unified Communication systems and we're moving our communication portfolio into Microsoft Partner led solutions. This role is based from our Bury office, with frequent travel to customer sites. There will be a car allowance to support this and many other benefits.
- Job Title
- ICT Engineer
- Bury (Bury, United Kingdom)
- Unified Communications
- Company Division
- ICT, Engineer, Networking, Engineering, IT, Microsoft, Unified Communications, communications, telecommunications, telecoms
- Competitive plus car allowance and benefits
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Fri, 29 Nov 2019
Responsible for installing, Unified Communications deployments, Data Networking, and Wi-Fi deployments. Installation of network security systems, including both hardware and software, meeting both customer requirements and deadlines. Remotely accessing systems to diagnose faults, focusing on ensuring high levels of customer service and liaise with 3rd party companies and ensuring SLA’s are maintained. Provide Professional Services to customers including; Design, technical scopes, implementation and system adoption.
- Attend site to carry out installation and commissioning of all aspects of UC solutions.
- Configure, deploy and support VMware, Hyper-V solutions and SAN solutions.
- To assist the 1st line Support Service help desk, remotely diagnose faults via remote access and ensuring excellent customer liaison.
- Ensuring customer systems are prepared, programmed and deployed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Continually improve and promote technical excellence within the dept.
- Maximise efficiency within the Department.
- Ensure full understanding of Products and Services are cascaded through the organisation
- Embrace Core values along with change and provide constructive ideas for improving service, working methods and the environment.
- Part of a standby rota for out of hours cover.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities required for the role.
Key skills & attributes needed:
- Experience of VM Ware and OVA’s deployments.
- High level knowledge of deploying VOIP / UC Solutions knowledge of VOIP and Skype for Business accredited would be desirable.
- Experience of networking switches.
- Experience of programming firewalls.
- Microsoft certified including Skype for Business is desirable.
- Setting up and programming of routers for ADSL/VDSL.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under own initiative.
- Reliable, responsible and well organised with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to master new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Good interpersonal skills having the ability to explain technical problems in simple terms.
- Good at problem solving.
Qualifications and / or experience required:
- Minimum 2 years Networking and data background
- Skype for business accredited desirable
- Microsoft exchange including Active Directory
- Microsoft Sever 2012 / 2016 accredited, desirable
- Office 365 – management and configuration, desirable
- In depth knowledge of LAN and WAN
- Must be flexible to work weekends and evening when required.
- Keep up to date with current technologies and cascading this throughout the business
- Valid Clean Driving License.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.