HR AssistantNycomm Jobs
We're looking for a HR Assistant to join us for a 9-12 month contract. This role is ideal for an experienced HR Administrator who wants to develop and grow their career. As a candidate, you will have broad exposure, be ambitious, driven to develop your career and confident to take on junior HR Advisor duties. Ideally you will have or be working towards your CIPD Level 3. This role is based at our Head Office in Agecroft, with free parking on-site alongside many company benefits.
- Job Title
- HR Assistant
- Manchester (Manchester, United Kingdom)
- HR & Training
- Company Division
- HR Administration, HR casework, CIPD Level 3
- Up to £20,000 dependent on experience plus company benefits
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Fri, 31 May 2019
Purpose Of The Role:
Reporting to the Group HR Manager, you will provide high quality administration and support to the HR team, including generalist HR, recruitment and payroll.
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR and payroll and benefits queries from employees and managers, by phone, email and face to face.
- Manage the administration process for new starters including obtaining references, drafting contracts and offer letters/packs, processing new hires on the HR system (People HR) and supporting the probation process.
- Support the Recruitment Specialist, acting as a first point of contact for successful candidates and conducting regular new starter catch ups during the employee’s probationary period.
- Support the Payroll Officer with the monthly payroll process, ensuring all employee pay and absence records are accurate and up to date in People HR and that any pay changes are communicated
- Support our people managers with informal discussions around performance management, conduct and absence issues
- Work closely with the HR operations assistant to provide effective HR admin support to the business and wider HR team
- Ensure all personnel files are maintained, updated and archived as necessary in accordance with GDPR
- Manage the administration of our reward and benefit schemes, including long service and birthday rewards and employee recognition scheme
- Manage the family friendly leave processes such maternity and paternity, advising employees and managers on our policies and completing all necessary paperwork
- Provide monthly absence data from People HR to support the HR board report
- Co-ordinate the annual flu jab clinic and bi-annual pension clinic
- Co-ordinate the leaver process; logging information accurately in People HR, conducting exit interviews and responding to third party reference requests
- Provide Reception cover as and when required for breaks, holidays or absence.
- Maintain confidentially and adhere to the Data Protection Act at all times
- Other duties as required to support the HR function
Qualifications / Relevant Experience:
- HR admin experience within a busy HR department.
- Experience communicating at all levels, providing face to face support and advice to employees and managers
- Experience dealing with confidential information and managing own work to meet deadlines.
- CIPD level 3 qualified (or working towards)
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Strong administration skills.
- Ability to keep all information confidential.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Must be organised, have good time management skills and be a true team player.
- Pro active with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Must be able to take ownership and responsibility for their own workload and their actions.
- Honest and approachable.
- Willing to take on responsibility and able to work under pressure.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.