Enterprise EngineerNycomm Jobs
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Enterprise Engineer to join our UC team.
- Job Title
- Enterprise Engineer
- Field (Manchester, United Kingdom)
- Avoira UC Devices
- Company Division
- Installing and maintaining voice solutions
- Up to £50,000 per annum, plus car allowance
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Mon, 31 Jan 2022
Job Title: Enterprise Engineer
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum
Benefits: Car Allowance | Pension | Medical Cash Plan | Life Assurance | Discounted Gym Membership and more
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Enterprise Engineer to join our UC team. As an Enterprise Engineer, you will be responsible for all works related to and associated with Enterprise Solutions including NEC, Microsoft Teams Direct Routing and 8×8 Hosted telephony. You will provide customers with deployment, installation, and maintenance of Unified Communication systems on their sites.
- Working as part of the wider UC Enterprise team, you will ensure you maintain appropriate engineering capabilities and high services standards.
Ensure you follow effective and efficient processes put in place for UC support operations.
- Effectively respond to faults and tickets, ensure SLAs for faults are met and provide updates for customers.
- Assist sales and sales support with customer and/or technical knowledge to ensure projects are sold and deployed effectively, with correct equipment, licenses and engineering time assigned.
- Carry out UC system and Direct Routing installation and maintenance work, ensuring everything is completed with the customer as the central focus.
- Manage your time and priorities to meet the needs of our customers and the business.
- Actively assist and support the UC Enterprise Team Leader in the delivery of key strategic objectives for Technical Services.
- Contribute to monthly Avoira internal performance reports where appropriate.
- Contribute to the 24/7 standby rota.
- Be polite and courteous, listening to the customer to help plan how to deliver the solution in the most efficient manner.
- Contact our Service Delivery team when work has been completed, so that the job can be closed, invoiced if required, and a customer feedback call arranged.
- Liaise with the UC Team Leader to establish quality control and effective customer feedback processes.
- Keep all relevant vendor accreditations and training requirements up to date.
- Ensure that Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
Contribute to the development of suitable and sufficient risk assessments, method statements and permits to work and ensure they are in place and adhered to.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable field-based engineering experience, installing and maintaining complex voice solutions, across a variety of customer environments.
- Ability to problem-solve in a logical manner, in order to rectify customer issues quickly and efficiently.
- An in-depth working knowledge and understanding of customer LAN/WAN infrastructures and the ability to assist in the design, delivery and support of voice applications using these technologies including NEC SV9500, SV9100, SV8500, SV8100), Philips Sophos IS3000 series.
- Ability and drive to learn and work with new technologies and products, as required.
- Understanding of customers virtual machine environment and required processes to install and support UC applications.
- Knowledge of Public Network Operators ISDN and SIP services.
- Experience of maintaining Enterprise level UC telephony systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand potentially complex solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Experience with traditional telephony.
- Understanding of Microsoft Teams deployment.
- Experience of SBC deployment and configuration.
- AWS Experience.
Skills & Qualities:
- An excellent grounding in the telecommunications industry, with a good knowledge of UC IP technologies and topologies, including an in-depth knowledge of on prem and hosted IP telephony.
- Confidence to interact positively with a wide range of customers.
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a manner that customers can readily understand.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus a strong attention to detail and an ability to work as part of a team with a common goal.
What’s in it for you?
- A great team to work collaboratively with.
- Excellent training in our products, services and industry, with a focus on self-development.
- We’ll support your career goals and help you achieve your true potential.
- Lots of company benefits, rewards, recognition and more.
If you want to join a growing, successful and stable business that can offer an exciting career, click apply now to submit your application and we’ll be in touch.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.
We will be moving to interview and selection quickly so please don’t wait until the deadline to get your application in!