Business Development Manager IT / TelecomsNycomm Jobs
We're looking for an experienced IT / Telecoms Business Development Manager to join us. You will be developing new business customers and managing visits with a number of existing customers in Scotland and the North of England. This is a field based role from home and ideally you will be based in our territory area of Scotland.
- Job Title
- Business Development Manager
- Field (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Company Division
- Business development, sales, customer relationship management, customer service, territory manager, telecoms, IT, Telecommunications
- Up to £30-40,000 basic dependent on experience plus car allowance, uncapped commission & benefits
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Fri, 26 Apr 2019
Purpose Of The Role:
To identify and develop new business opportunities across all customer vertical groups in the Telecoms and ICT channels. Build a prospect bank and recognise revenue streams that will achieve set targets for new business across all product and service categories. This will also include win back and re-activate accounts from within the Rocom base.
- Responsible for business development sales within a defined segment (target company size and geographical territory) within the UK Business Market.
- Generate leads and sell into a new and existing client base, connections, products and services to achieve revenues in line with business objectives and sales targets.
- To achieve set monthly targets in respect, determined by the company in a profitable, easy to do business way.
- Be responsible for identifying, developing and closing sales through sustained prospecting and activity.
- Fully understand the business, buying and decision making process of the prospects as well as developing effective relationships with key contacts in the accounts.
- Provide accurate detailed monthly and quarterly forecast and ensure information on internal systems is kept up to date.
- Understand and sell the whole product portfolio, including video conferencing and data networking products.
- New customer solutions as appropriate to customer needs.
- Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the medium market, including industry, competitors and telecoms and internal activities to ensure that all business opportunities are identified, considered and implemented
- Interface with other internal departments (e.g. category, sales support) as required ensuring that customer issues are resolved to their satisfaction.
- Provide a professional handover of accounts as necessary on a timely basis.
- Maintain professional customer liaison and ensure the ethics of Best Advice are followed at all times.
- Operate within published commercial and contractual guidelines, making effective use of escalation routes.
- Act as an ambassador for Rocom both in the external market and within internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour and delivery of excellent customer experience results.
- Creating and selling the value proposition to achieve profitable new business making the transition from volume to value to profit.
- Create and maintain a full list of all prospects, sales revenue, pipeline and forecasts where appropriate.
- To add value to the division in all areas of customer opportunities ensuring all opportunities are managed effectively within companies IT systems.
- Any other duties as necessary for the role.
Qualifications / Relevant Experience:
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual.
- Business focused, results driven.
- Field Sales / Face to face sales experience
- Direct Sales to end user experience
- Telecommunications and ICT industry and product experience
- Internal company knowledge (policies; procedures; strategies); knowledge of external market.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Knowledge of the Medium Business Market, market trends, and competitor activity.
- Minimum of 2 years highly successful direct sales experience in a business to business corporate marketplace in a role that is primarily focused on new business acquisition.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and build relationships at all levels of the organisation and externally
- Adaptable to change.
Please note all roles that move to offer are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.