Assistant Legal CounselNycomm Jobs
We're looking for an Assistant Legal Counsel to join us as an in-house solicitor. This role reports in to the Legal Counsel for the Group and is ideal for a Newly Qualified Solicitor up to 2 Years PQE with experience in Commercial / Corporate. The role is based at our Manchester office with free parking onsite and many company benefits.
- Job Title
- Assistant Legal Counsel
- Manchester (Manchester, United Kingdom)
- Company Division
- Solicitor, Corporate law, commercial law, law
- Competitive plus company benefits
- Job Reference
- Closing Date
- Fri, 26 Jul 2019
Purpose Of The Role:
Manage the lifecycle of contract reviews with suppliers and customers and the Nycomm business, ensuring that the appropriate processes and procedures are in place to minimise risk to the business.
- Assist with managing contract activities such as review, drafting, negotiating terms and communication with Suppliers, Customers and with Nycomm Distribution, Purchasing, and Sales staff.
- Assist with the tender/bids process by reviewing documentation and advising the Bids Team
- Ensure that up to date signed contracts are in place from the Nycomm Group and on the supplier/customer side; review, renew and update as required.
- Liaise with sales staff to ensure that we can meet the contractual terms required for delivery, product presentation and logistics.
- Ensure relevant business areas are complying with terms and conditions of agreements, including key supplier, customer terms and agreements and that they do not lead to any contractual breaches.
- Liaise with Company lawyers when drafting changes to standard terms and conditions and for drafting back to back agreements for the sale of new service products.
- Prior to contractual commitment, liaise with the operations teams to ensure appropriate robust processes are in place to identify and mitigate commercial risks.
- Monitor and review financial impact of contract changes & liaise with relevant business areas to mitigate risks.
- Support the Compliance Officer with regulatory and compliance processes, particularly to ensure product safety.
- Develop internal working relationships with other teams and act as a point of contact for colleagues on all legal issues.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the Contract lifecycle process.
- Identify and facilitate process improvements.
- Implement and maintain a contract register showing key contractual and commercial terms for each contract including renewals, expirations and financial exposures.
- Any other duties as necessary for the role including supporting insurance and Company Secretary activities.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Practical and pragmatic commercial approach.
- Process driven.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to engage with professional, technical and service delivery partners with legal/technical understanding.
- Ability to respond to business needs and deliver relevant advice quickly
Qualifications / Relevant Experience:
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales (NQ-2PQE)
- Experience of working in a complex product or services environment.
- Knowledge of tender processes including framework agreements within a product distribution environment.
- Broad knowledge of contract law applicable to supplier and customer arrangements, licence agreements and distribution / product proposition arrangements.
- Experience in supplier and customer relationship management involving Telecommunications/IT products and related services will be beneficial.
Please note all roles are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an identity check.